Erasmus+, Jean Monnet Project 2016-2017
The project 'Europe at school and in civil society organisations' in 2016-2017 builds further on previous Jean Monnet projects. These projects are cofinanced by the European Commission within the Erasmus+ Programme, action 'Jean Monnet Project'. An important outcome of the project are the websites www.europaindeklas.be and www.leuropeenclasse.be where teachers find an overview of all didactic information, contests or excursions on the theme Europe. Also the website www.europainhetmiddenveld.be gives tips on how to participate at EU level.
The project aims to encourage schools to implement high-quality Europe education. The activities within the Jean Monnet project 2016-2017 are:
- For teachers:
- Update and further development of the content of the website www.europaindeklas.be with an overview of the didactic offer in Flanders on the theme ‘Europe’. This website was launched in January 2013, as an outcome of our first Jean Monnet Project.
- Development of the website www.leuropeenclasse.be with an overview of the didactic offer in Flanders
- 5 training-based events on the theme 'Refugees in Europe' for teachers in secondary education:
- 15/02/2017: Province Limburg
- 21/02/2017: Province Antwerpen
- 15/03/2017: Province West-Vlaanderen
- 23/03/2017: Province Oost-Vlaanderen
- 20/04/2017: Province Vlaams-Brabant
An impression of the training-based event in Antwerp:
An impression of the training-based event in Leuven:
- Development of educational material on the theme 'Refugees in Europe' for teachers in secondary education: 'Toolbox 'Refugees in Europe'.
- For future teachers: An interactive workshop 'Europe in the classroom' for 12 groups of students in Teacher Training in Belgium (Flanders and Wallonia).
- For pupils: An interactive workshop 'Refugees in Europe' for 25 groups of pupils in general and professional education in Flanders, tailor-made for the target group.
- For civil society organisations:
- a workshop on how to participate at EU level and on how to develop and strengthen your European network.
- a website www.europainhetmiddenveld.be with info on how to participate at EU level.
This project was cofinanced with the support of the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission.