The project 'Europa in de klas' runs throughout the school year 2015-2016 and builds further on previous Jean Monnet projects. These projects are co-financed by the European Commission within the action 'Jean Monnet Project'. The most tangible output of this project is the website www.europaindeklas.be where teachers can find all educational material, contests or visits on the theme 'Europe' in Flanders.
The main purpose of the projects is to encourage teachers the work more and in a high quality manner on the theme Europe in the classroom. The activities Europe House Ryckevelde performed during the school year 2015-2016 were:
- For teachers:
- To keep the website www.europaindeklas.be with an overview of the didactic offer in Flanders on the theme 'Europe' up to date and elaborate its content. This database is online since January 2013, as a first outcome of the Jean Monnet Project 2012.
- The development of 20 apps about the EU decision making process on concrete themes, like smoking at the restaurant, the EU refugee policy, etc. (under construction)
- A teacher training day 'Europe in the classroom' for teachers in the French speaking community in Belgium.
- For future teachers: A free interactive workshop 'Europa in the classroom' for 12 teacher training institutions in Flanders.
- For students: A free workshop '28 in 1' for 10 groups of students in Second Chance Education, a brand new and tailor-made workshop for this target group.
- For civil society organisations: A workshop about how to lobby or network with partner organisations on a European level, with the purpose to extend the impact and scope of the organisations.
This project was co-financed with support of the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission.